INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION DIRECTORATE (INTL COOP DTE)
- To maintain liaison and promote transnational cooperation in counter narcotics activities as envisioned in International Drug Control Treaties and Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs).
- To collect, analyze and exchange drug related information with the quarters concerned in line with National Policy parameters.
The functions of International Cooperation Directorate are governed by the following sections of Anti Narcotics Force Act, 1997:-
Tasks Prioritized under ANF SPEAR Strategy
- Section 5 (c). “Provide assistance and advice to other enforcement agencies on all matters in the field of narcotics and to collect info from all national and international enforcement agencies about illicit narcotic traffic and traffickers;”
- Section 5 (d). “Maintain liaison with all national or international narcotics authorities, organizations, bodies, associations and societies and represent Pakistan in such conferences, seminars and workshops arranged by any such org on narcotics related matters;”
- Alliances and cooperation with other Ministries / Departments as per National Anti Narcotics Policy 2010.
- Maintain close coordination and inland cooperation between Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) under Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) Forum.
- Promoting cooperation with international narcotics control authorities, organization, bodies, associations and societies.
- Exchanging intelligence and conducting coordinated / International Controlled Delivery operations with international partners.
- Promoting Pakistan’s perspective in international conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Capacity building of the Force through international support.
- Identification of areas for financial assistance from donors.
- Assisting other countries in training.elated matters;”